EVIDENCE PICK UP
OPEN RETRIEVING EVIDENCE / PROPERTY BEING HELD AT THE STATION CONFIGURATION OPTIONS
RETRIEVING EVIDENCE / PROPERTY BEING HELD AT THE STATION
Hours for pickup
Tuesday & Thursday 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM & 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Closed Saturday and Sunday and City holidays.
- Before you call:
- You will need your case number. This number will always begin with the year the incident occurred (e.g. 2022-1234)
- You will need the name of the officer or detective handling your case.
- If you don't have your case number or officer name, call the records division at (910) 642-5111.
- You can reclaim lost/found or items used in an investigation from the Whiteville Police Department.
- If your item(s) were part of an investigation, they must first be cleared for release by the investigating officer, detective, and the court.
- You have 60 days to pick up your items once they are released or they will be forfeited.
- Call (910) 642-5111 and ask to speak with Evidence personnel.
- If a firearm(s) is involved you will be asked to bring to the office a document from the court stating that the firearm can be released (AOC-CR-218).
- We will check the status of the case to ensure that it has been adjudicated and the firearm will be returned.